SolidusConf is approaching! We're very excited about having a big group of Solidus fans and e-commerce people under one roof for a few days to meet and share ideas.
For those of you who are not familiar with Toronto, I wanted to give you a general idea of how you can get to and from the conference centre and hotel.
Getting to the Conference Centre
The conference centre is serviced by both the Yonge-University-Spadina (1) and Bloor-Danforth (2) subway lines at St. George station. You may also find that Bay Station (on the 2 line) and Museum Station (on the 1 line) are a bit closer to the conference center, however all stops are within easy walking distance.
If you're flying in, you're most likely flying in to Toronto's Pearson International Airport (YYZ) in Mississauga. There are a number of options for travel between the airport and the conference hotel:
- Taxi: If you're unfamiliar with the city, and frightened by public transit, a taxi will get you from the airport to the conference hotel for a fixed rate of $54.00 (+ tip). Taxis are available at designated locations at the airport.
- Uber: Uber will likely cost a similar amount to taxis due to a $15.00 surcharge placed upon pickups at Pearson Airport.
- Bus/Subway: Take the 192 from Pearson airport to Kipling station (this is an express bus with no stops between the airport and Kipling). From Kipling station, board the 2 subway headed eastbound to St. George station. Both the conference centre and hotel are a short walk from St. George station. TTC subway fare is $3.25. Note: For those arriving early, on May 7-8, there is a subway closure between Jane and Bathurst stations. Replacement shuttle buses will be operating making all stops on the 2 line.
- UP Express/Subway: The UP express express train is an express service making two stops between Pearson Airport and Union Station downtown. Fares are $5.65 to Bloor/Dundas West or $12.00 to Union station. You will still need to take the subway or alternative transport to St. George station which will cost an additional $3.25. However, if you're staying closer to Union station, this may be more appropriate.
If you're flying in to the Toronto City Airport (Billy Bishop Airport, YTZ) you have the following options:
- Taxi/Uber: Approximately $15-$25 from the airport to the hotel/conference center
- Streetcar/Subway: Walk up to Queens Quay from the airport, get on the 509 streetcar heading Eastbound to Union station. At Union Station switch to the University line subway, and get off at St. George station. Fare is $3.25 cash only.
- Billy Bishop Airport Shuttle/Subway: Billy Bishop Airport offers a free shuttle between Front Street and the airport. Hop on the shuttle, walk East across the street to Union station and take the University line to St. George station. Fare is $3.25.